Thursday 7 July 2011

Pancake

I will share how to make a pancake in this post.And it is really super easy to make,compared to the way which Ade san(my chief teacher) taught me.My way is more convenient and quiker.


These ingredients which I will show you are for one person amount.But you might think pancake would be a bit of too much,if you often eat a small meal.You can have pancake with many kinda jams,cream or source.But original pancake is my favorite,as you can see in the photo.The taste of burnt part in the mouth is so tasty.I think that is decilious enough for me.Of course,you can have pancake with a lot of jam,if you like sweeties as ants.Anyway,I like pakcakes with jam also.


Ingredients:milk (1 cup),cake flour (1.5 cup),sugar (2 tablespoons),salt (smidgen),1 egg.
I have not bought a measuring  cup,so uaed just genaral grass for instead of.Anyway the ratio of milk to flour is 1:1.5.You can use water instead of milk,if you don't have milk.But the pancake without milk is not so tasty.You also can add in some butter for more tasty.Oh,you can use any kinda milk.I used low-fat milk just for more healthy reason.

Our next is tools,a pot and eggbeater.

Here we go!First,put all ingredients (apart from flour)in the pot,stir together;We don't need too much salt.Then add flour in for mix. 

Keep using the eggbeater to stir.Actually it was a bit of tired.I did think about buying an eletric eggbeater.Lucky me!Just prepared for one person amount.So it was quick.You must notice about these small pieces of flour as like in the photo,while you are stiring.Need to keep stiring until without these flour pieces.Or you would eat these flour in your pancake.It is really yuck.


See,like this.Only air bubble inside without flour.That means finished the first step.Now the batter is done,a bit of thick.The batter can't be too thick or too thin,or the pancake would be not so tasty.You can adjust the consistecy of batter with milk or flour,while you are stiring.In my opinion,the consistecy which is like egg is the best.

Let's fry the pancake!We don't need oil with a non-stick pan.Any kinda oil is okay,if use other kind of pans.Just need 1 teaspoon of oil.Heat the pan with midium heat,then keep the heat with medium to low heat.(you can add oil in the cooking,while the batter would stick on the pan.)"Don't add too much oil ." is very important.Batter would draw in oil,the taste of pancake with too much oil is greasy,and would get fat on you.An apropriate pancake is pour two-thirds of big spoon of batter in the pan.And swirl to spread evenly.Turn it while you smell the aroma and see the outer circle looks cooked,dry,and crispy.It would look golden.
Remember,we just need a midium to low heat or low heat.Or pancake would become black and too burnt,but in the mid of pancake would be still undercooked. Just wait,no hurry.Try to make the batter spread evenly as you can,it is easy to cook pancake thoroughly,and pakcake would not look burnt.
I have a small non-stick pan.The size is suitable for each pancake,and without oil.The tasty without oil was really nice!But non-stick pan is not so safe,I know.For lazy pancake,why not?
I remember my first pancake with Ade.I used an iron pan.Couldn't control the heat and oli well.Some of pancakes were greaty or burnt a lot.


Here is decilious pancake!!Today I prepard strawberry jam and honey.Darling tried a tuna pancake,not bad taste!You can have salty pancake,if you have enough sweet ones as you like!

Pancake with any kind of jam are so tasty.Also butter,maple syrup,honey...etc.(This is British pancake,because I learned it from a British,he he..)

No comments:

Post a Comment